Grilled Thick Cut Pork Chops
Thick cut pork chops are brined, seasoned and slathered in mayonnaise before being grilled to perfection.
- 2 Thick cut pork chops
- 2 quarts water For the brine
- 1/2 cup salt For the brine
- 1/2 cup sugar For the brine
- 1 tbsp kosher salt For the dry rub
- 1 tbsp black pepper For the dry rub
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika For the dry rub
- 1 tsp chili powder For the dry rub
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder For the dry rub
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
Brine the pork chops in the refrigerator for four hours.
Combine the dry rub ingredients and mix well.
Remove the chops from the brine, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Season the pork chops with the dry rub and give the rub 10-15 minutes to soak into the meat.
Slather the pork chops with a thin coating of mayonnaise. [Optional Step]
Grill over High Heat, flipping as needed, for 15 minutes.
Brush the chops with bbq sauce and continue grilling another 3-5 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145F.
The mayo slather is a little something extra I like to do that makes my chops special but is a completely optional step.
What is absolutely not optional is brining. Brining is the key step to grilling juicy thick cut pork chops.