Give me a few minutes of your time and I will give you three reasons to love Greenflame Charcoal Lighter Fluid.
Reason #1 to love Greenflame: It Works
One reason many people never take up charcoal grilling is because getting the charcoal lit can be a pain in the butt. There is a reason that there are so many different types of charcoal starters for sale!
Lighting charcoal with Greenflame is simple:
- Fill a charcoal basket with charcoal or arrange the charcoal into a pile in the center of the grill.
- Squirt enough fluid onto your charcoal to coat the surface. You only need enough to get the fire started so we are talking about 3-4 seconds worth of squirting.
- Wait about a minute to let the fluid absorb into the charcoal.
- Light the charcoal with a long handled lighter.
- Let the charcoal burn for 15-20 minutes with the lid OFF the grill.
- Once the charcoal is ashed over it will be burning clean and be ready for grilling!
Seriously, using Greenflame is a simple way to light your charcoal that works every single time.
The two important things to remember are:
- Don’t use too much lighter fluid. You do not need or want an inferno.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after lighting the charcoal before grilling. You need to give the fluid enough time to completely burn off and get the charcoal fully lit.
Reason #2 to love Greenflame: It doesn’t stink.
Charcoal lighter fluid is a touchy topic.
If you spend 15 minutes on any barbecue forum you are bound to run across a “Never Use Lighter Fluid” post.
Balance that out with the fact that the Winningest Man in Barbecue, Myron Mixon, forms the initial coal bed in his pit with lighter fluid soaked charcoal.
The traditional complaint against lighter fluid is that lingering amounts of kerosene type chemicals in the fluid will make your food taste bad.
Nobody wants a burger that tastes like kerosene.
Greenflame is different!
Greenflame is not made from kerosene.
Greenflame is primarily composed of a heavy, clean burning alcohol made from fermentation.
Greenflame does not have the eye watering vapors you get with traditional lighter fluids.
Because Greenflame is an alcohol it burns cleanly and does not leave nasty residue all over the place.
Just how different is Greenflame? Watch the video and see for yourself!
Reason #3 to love Greenflame: It Helps Small Town America
Unlike traditional kerosene based lighter fluids, Greenflame is made by fermenting corn.
More specifically, Green flame is made from Minnesota grown corn in their fermentation facility in Little Falls, Minnesota.
Little Falls, Minnesota is a cute little town of about 8,000 people. I don’t know exactly how big of a financial impact that Greenflame is having on the town but it is making a difference.
How in the heck could you not support a product that is made in a place like Little Falls, Minnesota???
Yes, I Use Greenflame Lighter Fluid
I threw away my charcoal chimney two years ago.
I have been lighting my grill with Weber’s paraffin wax cubes but am always looking at new gadgets and methods.
Using Greenflame has been a easy and FAST way of firing up my grill for the past month or so.
That’s a picture of four pounds of bone-in ribeye steak along with the bottle of clean burning Greenflame I used to get the party started.
I get kind of serious when it comes to steak.
Using Greenflame made it easy to get my grill going and left NO aftertaste.
Greenflame is a product I love and believe you will too once you give it a try.
If you can’t find this in your local store then here is the link to pick some up on Amazon.